Aditya Birla Group
A US $40 billion corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees belonging to 42 different nationalities. The Group has been ranked Number 4 in the global 'Top Companies for Leaders' survey and ranked Number 1 in Asia Pacific for 2011. 'Top Companies for Leaders' is the most comprehensive study of organisational leadership in the world conducted by Aon Hewitt, Fortune Magazine, and RBL (a strategic HR and Leadership Advisory firm). The Group has topped the Nielsen's Corporate Image Monitor 2012-13 and emerged as the Number 1 corporate, the 'Best in Class'
Over 50 per cent of the Aditya Birla Group's revenues flow from its overseas operations. The Group operates in 36 countries – Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Italy, Ivory Coast, Japan, Korea, Laos, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA, and Vietnam.
Aditya Birla Group – The Global Scenario
Around the world, we're known for:
- A metals powerhouse, among the world's most cost-efficient aluminium and copper producers. Hindalco-Novelis is the largest aluminium rolling company. It is one of the three biggest producers of primary aluminium in Asia with the largest single location copper smelter
- No.1 in viscose staple fibre
- No.1 in carbon black
- The fourth-largest producer of insulators
- The fourth-largest producer of acrylic fibre
- Among the top 10 cement producers
- Among the best energy-efficient fertiliser plants
- The largest Indian MNC with manufacturing operations in the USA
Aditya Birla Group – The Indian Scenario
In India, here's what we have accomplished:
- The largest fashion (premium branded apparel) and lifestyle player
- The second-largest manufacturer and largest exporter of viscose filament yarn
- The largest producer in the chlor-alkali sector
- Among the top three mobile telephony companies
- A leading player in life insurance and asset management
- Among the top two supermarket chains in the retail business
- The largest manufacturer of linen fabric
Rock solid in fundamentals, the Aditya Birla Group nurtures a culture where success does not come in the way of the need to keep learning afresh, to keep experimenting.
Aditya Birla Group – Beyond Business
- Works in 3,000 villages
- Reaches out to seven million people, annually, through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development spearheaded by Mrs. Rajashree Birla
- Focuses on healthcare, education, sustainable livelihood, infrastructure and espousing social reform in India, Brazil and Egypt, as well as Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia, Korea and other Asian countries
- The Aditya Birla Group runs 42 schools, which provide quality education to 45,000 children. Of these 18,000 students belong to the underprivileged segment. Merit scholarships are given to an additional 8,500 children from the interiors.
- The 18 hospitals run by the Aditya Birla Group tend to more than a million villagers.
- In line with its commitment to sustainable development, the Aditya Birla Group has partnered with Columbia University in establishing the Columbia Global Centre's Earth Institute in Mumbai.
- The idea of embedding CSR as a way of life in organisations has led to the setting up of the FICCI – Aditya Birla CSR Centre for Excellence, in Delhi.
The Aditya Birla Group transcends the conventional barriers of business because we believe it is our duty to facilitate inclusive growth.