October 19 – 20, 2021
Le Méridien, Stuttgart, Germany
- Birla Carbon is developing advanced conductive additives and anode active materials for EV battery applications to facilitate processability and cell performance in both anode and cathode formulations.
- The session will highlight developments in improved carbon black products for use in the lithium ion battery market, which provide a wide range of morphologies that enable formulation flexibility and enhanced conductivity.
- Jim will share the new work on advanced carbon black/carbon nanotube hybrid materials as well.
October 4 – 7, 2021
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Charles Herd and Lewis B Tunnicliffe, from Birla Carbon, will be receiving a Publication Excellence Award, for their research paper titled – ‘Reinforcement of Rubber by Carbon Black and Lignin-Coated Nanocellulose Fibrils’ on October 7, 2021.
September 14 – 16, 2021
Novi, Michigan, USA
September 13 – 14, 2021
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
- Amy Hickman from Birla Carbon will be participating in a panel discussion titled ‘Sustainable Operational Excellence’ on September 14, 2021, during the session on ‘Sustainability With Materials within the Carbon Black Industry’.
September 8 – 9, 2021
The Westin Lombard, IL, USA
- Dr. Richard Abbott; Dr. Natalie Harris and Josh Baugh; from Birla Carbon will be presenting on the topic – ‘The Dispersion Triangle for Carbon Black Pigments’ at the event.
September 1, 2021
- Dr. Richard Abbott from Birla Carbon, will present The Basic Fundamentals of Carbon Black Dispersion, to over 200 coatings formulators.
- Learn how to optimize your dispersion techniques and your formulations. See how you can maximize the performance of your coatings & even reduce production costs.
- For more details and to register for the webinar, click here.
June 7 – 18, 2021
April 26 – 29, 2021
- Birla Carbon will be participating at the virtual trade show summit, organised by AMI.
- The global virtual summit held over four days, from 9am EST, covers the latest technical developments and market trends in the thermoplastic concentrates and masterbatch sector as well as the opportunities that they offer.
April 13 – 16, 2021
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
September 22, 2020
Sept 8-10, 2020
- Dale Clark, Chief Technology Officer of Birla Carbon, will be speaking at the conference about “Perspectives from the traditional carbon black industry – is rCB complementary, or competitive, or both?”.
July 3, 2020
April 28 – 30, 2020
Independence, Ohio, USA
February 25-27, 2020
January 16 – January 20, 2020
Bombay Exhibition Centre, Mumbai, India
Webinar – December 12, 2019
- Birla Carbon and SpecialChem webinar to present how to achieve high jetness in Plastics
- To watch the webinar click here.
November 29, 2019
São Leopoldo, Brazil
- Marcos Milheiro will discuss Birla Carbon’s product portfolio for rubber applications at the event organised by the Brazilian Association of Rubber Technology.
November 5-7, 2019
- Birla Carbon leads the organizing and execution of one of the largest carbon black industry events in Asia – ‘Carbon Black 2019 – Perspective in Asia Pacific’ in Bangkok, Thailand on November 5-7, 2019
- As a Platinum Sponsor, Birla Carbon will participate and exhibit at the event along with industry participants
- Dr Santrupt B Misra, CEO, Birla Carbon and Director Group HR, Aditya Birla Group, will be the key note speaker at the conference
- Mr Sanjeev Sood, President, South Asia, Birla Carbon, is the Chairman of the International Advisory Board and the Chairman of the Organizing Committee
October 16-October 23, 2019
October 8-10, 2019
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Lewis B. Tunnicliffe, MRes Ph.D., Lead Scientist Rubber Product Development at Birla Carbon, will be speaking in the symposium “Rubber for Shock, Damping, Noise, and Vibration Applications” about “Carbon Black Reinforcement of Rubber for Vibration Isolation Applications: Dynamic Performance vs Durability”.
September 3-5, 2019
London, United Kingdom
May 16, 2019
- Dr. Richard Abbott and Alessandro Vulcano from Birla Carbon will present a coatings webinar on May 16, 2019.
- The session will examine the challenges presented by dispersing high color carbon blacks into coatings formulations and provide a framework about how to approach the challenges.
- Click here to register for the webinar.
April 30 – May 2, 2019
Independence, Ohio, USA
- Birla Carbon will give two technical presentations at the Spring Technical Meeting of the American Chemical Society’s Rubber Division
- Lewis Tunnicliffe, PhD will talk about “Thixotropic Flocculation Processes in Carbon Black Filled Rubbers”
- Seth L Young, PhD will present “Atomic Force Microscopy of Carbon Black Dispersion at the Micro-scale in Basic SBR Compounds”.
- Charles Herd, PhD, Birla Carbon’s director of rubber technology will be speaking in the award winners session. Charles will receive the Fernley H Banbury award at the event
April 22 – 26, 2019
- Birla Carbon will exhibit its range of high color carbon blacks including Raven® 2350 Ultra®, Raven® 2800 Ultra®, Raven® 2900 Ultra® and Raven® 3000 Ultra®, at Stand L95, at the upcoming Feiplastic International Plastic Fair.
April 5-6, 2019
Cape St Francis, South Africa
March 22, 2019
- Lewis Tunnicliffe, PhD and Charles Herd, PhD will talk about “Opportunities for Functionalized Carbon Blacks in Rubber Applications”. Strategies for functionalization of carbon black are discussed together with recent experimental data on the use of highly functionalized carbon blacks in tire applications. Oxidized carbon blacks can be combined with suitably functionalized elastomers (e.g. XsSBR, Li-BR, ENR) or compatibilizer chemicals to achieve differentiated performance. This is particularly important given increasing pressure on tire manufacturers for reduced rolling resistance
- Lewis Tunnicliffe’s presentation can be found here – https://www.iom3.org/rubber-engineering-group/event/elastomer-fillers
March 19-21, 2019
- Birla Carbon is excited to announce the launch of Raven 5100 Ultra, the newest product in our family of high performance Raven carbon blacks for automotive, industrial, architectural and powder coatings.
March 5-7, 2019
Hannover , Germany